Makeup Brushes 101
Makeup Applications and Uses
Applying make-up should not be difficult. Mineral Makeup forms a protective barrier on your skin while still allowing your skin to breath. Mineral Make up gives a lightweight natural feel that allows your skin to breathe, unlike talc-based products that can clog pores and damage skin. If you apply make up eyeshadow use a small brush or sponge applicator to apply shadow over your eye lids, or in the creases, for contouring effect. Apply more than one color if desired. Cover whole lid from lash line to eyebrow, then add another color to lid (lighter color), then one in the crease of the eye lid first using color as a highlight on brow bone blend color just where the meet. Mix matte and shimmer color together. Apply wet for a more dramatic effect or use as an eyeliner.
Finishing powders are applied as you would a foundation. Using your blush brush simply swirl and tap in your lid and apply to cheeks. If you apply eyeliner asmall angle brush works best for this. Eyeshadows may also be used as eyeliners. Apply the foundation with your fingers or a o-tip in dots in areas of your face. With a cosmetic sponge, spread the foundation until it is well-blended into the skin. Use a lip pencil to outline the lips and make them stand out. The next step will be to apply lipstick with a lip brush. A lip brush makes the lipstick look professionally applied. Mix the minerals in with your favorite lip gloss shade to change the color or with a clear gloss to add a boost of color and shimmer. You can apply the minerals to your lips first.
Smile, take a blush brush and apply a shade of blush to your cheeks. After this part, sweep the brush back into the hairline. Using your blush brush simply swirl and tap in your lid and apply to cheeks. You can also use to contour different parts of the face such as jaw line, parts of brow, nose, ect. You can apply more than one coats if you desire more color intensity. Finishing powders are applied as you would a foundation. You may use heavier coats to oily areas. Tap some powder in your lid, swirl and tap your brush, and apply lightly to forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. The dazzling colors of our blushes are a perfect compliment to your cheekbones. Use a soft, fluffy brush and knock off any excess powder.
Make up Application Tips
1. Do not apply white or black shadows to your eyes.
2. To apply blush, use a round tip blush brush and place it on the apple of the cheek.
3. Apply a light color all over the lid. Use a darker shade for your upper, outer lid.
4. Applying foundation on lids under eye shadow is not recommended.
5. Apply lip liner to completely cover the lips, add color and your lipstick will stay on much longer.
6. Wear makeup that is appropriate for the occasion.
7. Keep makeup looking fresh all day by doing regular touch ups.
8. Powder blush is best for oily and combo skin.
9. To keep your lip color from fading.
10. Keep makeup looking fresh all day by doing regular touch ups.